How would you like to take a tour of accelerator? The Passport to the Big Bang is an interactive circuit through which you can explore the Large Hadron Collider (LHC). The LHC is the world's largest particle accelerator. Its 27 km ring is buried 100 metres below the French and Geneva countryside.
The LHC was designed to explore the biggest mysteries of our Universe... What happened after the Big Bang? How did our Universe evolve? These are just some of the many questions being investigated.
What is the Passport to the Big Bang?
- Ten exhibition platforms above ten LHC key points
- Riddles to solve in family
- The LHC Mission challenge
- A cycling route
No reservation is necessary, the activity is freely open to the public all year round. So get on your bike and start the mission!
For all practical aspects, consult our FAQs.
Where can I find a Passport to the Big Bang?
The Passport is available in tourist offices and town halls in the Pays de Gex and the Canton of Geneva, Genève Roule (Montbrillant, Terrassière) and Meyrin Roule shops, Pro Vélo Genève, as well as from the CERN Reception. It can also be downloaded at the bottom of this page.
Leaflets and/or Passports are currently available in:
- tourist offices: Annemasse, Bellegarde, Divonne-les-Bains, Douvaine, Evian-les-Bains, Ferney-Voltaire, Genève, Gex, Lélex, Neydens, Nyon, Passy, Rolle, Rumilly, Saint-Genis-Pouilly, Sciez, Thorens-Glières
- town halls: Cessy, Challex, Chézery-Forens, Collex-Bossy, Collonges, Crozet, Echenevex, Farges, Ferney-Voltaire, Genève (Pont de la Machine), Gex, Le Grand-Saconnex, Grilly, Lancrans, Léaz, Lélex, Meyrin, Mijoux, Ornex, Péron, Pougny, Prévessin-Moëns, Saint-Genis-Pouilly, Saint-Jean-de-Gonville, Satigny, Sauverny, Segny, Sergy, Thoiry, Vernier, Versoix, Versonnex, Vesancy.
Feel free to get information there!
- ATLAS plateform location has changed: it is now on the new Esplanade des Particules, in front of the Globe.
- The Precision stage is not currently available. We are doing our best to get it back on track as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience.
This project has been selected for inclusion in the European Territorial Co-operation programme INTERREG IV A France-Switzerland 2007-2013.